Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Road Not Taken (2011)

May life be ever best o you,
May God be ever gentle to you,
And then on a quiet day,
May you realize life was better this way!

And a soul mate you did find,
yet I have you in my mind. Hard though it is,
I can't wish him bad, lest life gives you one ugly kiss,
'Coz you are the best memory I never had!

I wish I could turn back time,
and attempt one thing I always wished,
but I know I must walk away
and allow myself to be healed.

Wish I atleast tried letting you know, but
mind and sanity had prevailed unfortunately.
The satisfaction of atleast letting you know,
is now lost forever!

Laughter, fun time and tears,that never were,
is the only proof of the 'the road not taken' .
I don't really want to let you go,
but inside me I know I must.

Can I reroute the course you have taken,
and start over once again?

- x - x -

P.S: If the poem's para sequencing seems to be in the reverse order, it is meant that way, to be inline with the theme of the poem.

P.P.S: Sequencing style is inspired from 'Irreversible'.

10 comments:

Saravana Prabhu M said...

Superlative. Knowing you enough, Happy that you had made the attempt to sit down at one place and write, and the result is for everyone to see.
Sorry for the Grotesquely short commment, could n help it. Keep writing (I say this even at the risk of being a hypocrite.)

Saravana Prabhu M said...

Even though i do appreciate the style of writing, the one that ll really capture interest is the one which makes a perfect forward flow and also is perfect when read from behind, that is relatively tougher to write.
Cheers

G Saimukundhan said...

Hi JRSD,

Sounds good, but as with all poetries, this also seems beyond me. I have tried one -

We are all wiser in retrospection
Bad memories are often results of introspection
What has happened is sunk
On the bad memories, do a slam dunk
Leap into the future with cheers
To create a memory devoid of tears



Honestly all these poetries are beyond me. I don't understand one bit. And that bugger MSP keeps on reminding me of my "ability" to read English. Now you have joined him.

I hope "sequencing" alone is inspired from "Irreversible".

Cheers

G Saimukundhan said...

Hi JRSD,

Is this verse of yours addressed to me? Or am I just day dreaming?

Btw, I have tried my hand at "Prosetry". A bit long though.

Cheers

Krishna said...

@MAT Dae. i hve a problem, dat i cant put my bum down to write blogs continuously for a period of time. laziness again!!

@GSM sir,
1. meaning puriyada alavukku nan enna shakespeare, shelley, eminem, 50cent madiri a eludiruken? Or is it a standard reply wenever u come across d name 'poem'?

2. Btw Honestly i find the prosetry in this comment more as a 'TR try' poems. jus missed dat ae dandanakka part at the end.

3. Sequencing alone na? thankfully nothing else in my life is even remotely connected to the film other than the fact dat i've seen the 'censord' version of the film once.

4. I can assure that to the best of my knowledge and information this verse is not addressed to you.

Sundararaman said...

Dae Daaber.. I know for whom your poem is addressed to... (As u say , I feel 'och'ward to say who that is in this public domain.. )

Krishna said...

@sundar Public! Public! :P

G Saimukundhan said...

JRSD,

If Kutti Sundar's comment (plus "Soul Mate") is anything to go by, it looks like Vaazhvae Mayam? Heart'la oru oattai vizhundha effect irukku!


(I missed the Soul Mate earlier)

Cheers

Krishna said...

@GSM Ottai lam illa sir! Oru chinna keeral. Adayum Burnol pottu seri panten !!:P

G Saimukundhan said...

Nambitaen thambi, nambitaen....